Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve


Basement "Restaurant"


Where's the beef?


Cookbooks!

Bûche de Noël 
This year, we had Christmas Eve dinner at my house. We had gnocchi, grilled flank steak, roasted garlic kale, and salad. I got the recipe for the kale at  Cooking Light.com Kale. The only change I made was that I added more garlic, less oil, and substituted balsamic for the other vinegar. My mom marinated and grilled the flank steak in balsamic, herbs, onion, garlic, and soy sauce. Surprisingly, the kale was a hit! My 18 relatives and I ate in my basement. Somehow, we all fit in thanks to my mom's "restaurant" table. For dessert, my aunt made Bûche de Noël. It was AMAZING! Bonus: I got Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking for Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw Katie you look super lovely!!!

    And oh my gosh Julia Child <3

    ReplyDelete