Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rome

Completely normal in Rome.

Casual sweets shop.

Last year I was fortunate enough to travel to Rome for 3 days for a shoot. While there I wandered around and found some amazing grocery stores and restaurants. The third pic is a Roman gnocchi with a deliciously sweet tomato sauce. Italian tomatoes are so sweet, the addition of a little basil is all that's necessary to make a beautiful sauce. I ordered this to compare authentic Italian gnocchi with the gnocchi my mom and I make every holiday season for Christmas. My recipe has been in my family for generations. The only distinctive difference between the two is the size. In my family, gnocchi are small, the size of a nickel. On the contrary, the Roman gnocchi were the size of marbles. Both were delicious and I'll never forget them! Bellissima!

No comments:

Post a Comment